Microsoft® Lync™ Online is a next-generation cloud communications service that connects people in new ways, anytime, from virtually anywhere. Transform your interactions with colleagues, customers and partners from today’s hit-and-miss communication to a more collaborative, engaging, and effective experience.
Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence
- Identify a contact's availability and send secure instant messages and files to individuals or groups. Easily escalate from an instant message to an online meeting.
- Connect presence and real-time collaboration capabilities with the Microsoft Office Outlook®, Office SharePoint® and other Office applications.
Whether scheduled in Outlook or ad hoc, Lync Online users can collaborate and share information with the following tools:
- Audio and video
- Desktop, application and PowerPoint sharing
- Virtual whiteboard
- Polling tool
Lync-to-Lync Audio and Video Calling
- Make 1-to-1 computer-based audio and video calls to other Lync users using a PC and a web camera
Integrated Audio Conferencing
When you purchase Lync Online through InterCall, you get a service that is combined with our Reservationless-Plus® audio conferencing platform, which delivers enhanced in-meeting call controls and provides the ability for participants to join using landlines or mobile phones from nearly anywhere.
- Conference call scheduling via Outlook
- PSTN dial-in and dial-out
- End conference
- *0 in-call support
- Mixed Lync Online/Reservationless-Plus recording
Collaborate Within SharePoint Sites
- See presence information and IM contacts from within Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Server sites.
- Allows users to see presence information and communicate using IM and PC-based audio and video across organizational boundaries.
Communicate with Windows Live Messenger Contacts
- Connect with Windows Live Messenger contacts using IM and audio and video calls directly from Lync.
Multiparty Audio/Video Sessions
- Connect three or more users via audio or high quality video sessions.
- Transfer large files as part of a Lync session without using email and clogging mail boxes.
- Add email distribution lists to Contact Lists so that instant messages may be sent to individual members of a list or the entire group.
- Built into Lync Online, the Intelligent Instant Message Filter (IIMF) protects both the customer network and the Microsoft managed network against the spread of the most common viruses and spam.
Lync Attendee Client
- Lets external users join a scheduled online meeting with full fidelity PC-audio, video, and data sharing even if they are not a subscriber to Lync Online.