Running a small business can be expensive and cutting corners is sometimes a necessity. So, free services can seem very appealing. When it comes to business critical applications, however, free generally means low quality and inconsistency which can leave a bad impression on your customers and hurt your profits. There are some crucial factors to weigh before selecting “free,” especially with essential business communications. You want to be able to control the message and how it is delivered. Free conference call providers don’t offer this capability.
Are you a small business owner on the fence about using professional conferencing services? Before you throw your hands in the air and write off conference calling altogether, consider these five important benefits of conferencing to your business.
With the advancements and ready availability of technology and high-speed internet to small businesses in the United States, it is now easier that ever to put that “professional conference call” shine on your front facing small business.
A few years back when I started my career as a customer service assistant, I remember frequently hearing the terms “customer satisfaction” and “customer service”. Initially I found it hard to understand why there was such emphasis placed on these two terms. As time went on, I realized that the level of customer service provided will determine just how satisfied a customer really is.
Where can small businesses network, receive exclusive offers and view original content?
InterChange – The Intersection of Commerce and Collaboration
InterChange is a virtual community designed to help your small business flourish. It's FREE to join and accessible 24/7.
Within InterChange, you can:
- Engage with prospective customers, potential investors and highly influential decision makers in the Networking Café and community storefronts.
- Attend exclusive webcasts, monthly small business webinars and specially sponsored programs in the Event Center.
- Explore special offers and exclusive discounts in Enterprise Exchange and West Central showrooms.
- Discover collateral, white papers, research studies and presentations that benefit your company in the Resource Library and community storefronts.
This week we will feature a variety of webcasts in the events center including:
Tuesday, September 25
- Get to the Point (And Get People to See Things Your Way) with Terri Langhans at 1:00 PM Eastern
Wednesday, September 26
- Perseverance, Success and You! with Brian Patrick Jensen at 2:00 PM Eastern
Thursday, September 27
- Sins and CEOs: Lessons from Leaders and Losers That Will Change Your Career with Richard A. Moran at 3:00 PM Eastern
Friday, September 28
- Growing Your Business with Mark LeBlanc at 12:00 PM Eastern
Plus, you’ll be able to interact with InterCall staff in the West pavilion.
Almost half of all small businesses list time as their most valuable asset. Many entrepreneurs wear multiple hats simultaneously, juggling everything from sales to management to operations just to get their businesses up and growing.
InterCall now offers Microsoft® Office 365 solutions designed to help small business owners increase productivity and efficiently manage day-to-day operations.
Office 365 gives you anytime and anywhere access to critical documents, email, calendars and contacts—all in one solution. Office 365 merges cloud communication and Lync® Online to transform your interactions with colleagues, customers and partners into interactive experiences.
What’s included in the Office 365 solutions for small businesses?
- Exchange Online: Centralize all your email accounts, calendars and contacts in one location and access them anywhere, on any device.
- SharePoint: Share critical documents with colleagues and partners while protecting them with user-level permissions.
- Web Apps: Access familiar Microsoft applications in the cloud for real-time collaboration. You’ll never have to worry about version control again.
- Lync Online: Utilize instant messaging, video conferences and virtual meeting features to connect in real time and create seamless interaction.
What challenges do you have as a small business? Have you used any of these services and found success? Share your story below.