As we enter the holiday season, we are grateful for the comfort of our warm homes and the joy of our loved ones. Unfortunately, for some, the holidays are a painful reminder of hardships they have experienced over the last year—job loss, eviction, illness or separation from family.
The greatest gift we can give this holiday season is hope. Help us spread holiday hope this winter by giving gifts of comfort and joy to our community’s most vulnerable families and individuals.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless houses 2300 families and individuals on any given night, and we see many more each day through our programs and services. The leading causes of homelessness are job loss, domestic violence and health crises—each situation is unique and each family or individual has their own set of needs in order to overcome homelessness and remain in stable housing.
Unlike a shelter or soup kitchen, the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless works toward lasting solutions through the provision of housing, medical and mental health care, and supportive programs such as employment, substance treatment services, case management and early childhood education.
The Coalition has a success rate of keeping nearly 90% of the people they work with housed, but families are losing their housing at a much faster rate due to high unemployment rates and increasing rental costs.
So that’s why the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless exists! During the holidays, they collect specific items for several groups:
- Those moving into a home from a shelter or the street
- Adults who remain homeless during the winter season
- Children who are in shelters or have entered Coalition housing
InterCall is a company that does more than just connect business people through communication services, we also help connect and support our community. So you know we had to take action with our very own InterCall Colorado Annual Charity Drive!
- Who: Any InterCall employees, teams, friends and/or family
- What: Donations for homeless Colorado families (see the lists below of things in need, but any and all items are welcome!)
- When: November 19 – December 14, 2012
- Where: There will be donation bins in both the Westminster and Highlands Ranch office kitchens. Please place your donated items there. All donated items will be taken to the Homeless Coalition on December 15, 2012.
And we invite you to take part in our initiative so that we can really make an impact for this worthwhile cause! Visit the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless website for details on how you can donate as well!
Home for the Holidays Basket
- Household Cleaning Supplies
- Mop and Broom
- Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Basket
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
- Alarm Clock
- Door Mat
- Kitchen Towels
Warm Winter Package
- Sleeping Bag
- Adult Backpack
- NEW Socks (wool)
- New Boots
- Quick Service Restaurant Gift Cards
- Hats, Gloves and Scarves
- New or Gently Used Coats
- Hand and Foot Warmers
- Travel Size Tissues
Gifts of Children’s Cheer
- Children’s Books
- Outdoor Play Items (i.e. balls, hula hoops, sidewalk chalk)
- Infant Care Items (i.e. wet wipes, baby powder, diapers)
There’s great joy in giving to those in need and if you, family or friends are in a position to contribute, it would be much appreciated!
Happy Holidays from InterCall.
You may also like...