The green business community has begun celebrating Earth Week 2010, from April 18 – 25. As a green business (after all, “using conferencing tools to cut back on travel” is the biggest step the green business community has taken to reduce its carbon footprint) InterCall has celebrated Earth Week with fun, environmentally-friendly activities every year. And 2010 is no different.
Last year, InterCall permitted its employees to work from home one day that week, on a rotating basis. Those who didn’t work from home carpooled, took mass transit—and even rode bicycles to work.
InterCall also scheduled after-hours Earth Week activities, with employees participating in clean-up efforts within their communities. Employees switched to re-usable (rather than disposable) coffee mugs, and received a free re-usable canvas shopping bag courtesy of InterCall.
Earth Week Ideas for Your Green Business
If you pride yourself on running a green business—or would like to join the green business community in 2010—here are some ways you can reduce your company’s carbon footprint and contribute to preserving the environment.
- Schedule a community clean-up day with employees in a local park
- Plant trees on your office property
- Plant a small vegetable garden behind your office building. Employees can take turns caring for it throughout the season and everyone can enjoy the harvest in the break room
- Switch to reusable coffee mugs
- Print on both sides of paper for in-office documents
- Recycle paper, plastic and glass
- Let employees telecommute for one day—or the whole week. Stay in touch through web meetings.
- Skip just one business trip each month—use InterCall’s Unified Meeting service to host a full-featured web conference instead.
Join us over the next few days in celebration of Earth Week.
You may also like...