What exactly does “event services” mean in the conferencing world?
Because the world of communications continues to evolve and expand, doing a virtual presentation can involve several types of technology, and often those are new technologies with which you may not be comfortable or familiar.
Event Services is a professional team dedicated to successfully establishing, executing and delivering post-event details. Event Services are platform-agnostic and customer service driven…meaning that whether you’re doing an audio call (like IR announcements) or integrating streaming video or web conferencing, the Event Services teams coordinate all the pieces that make the event work the way you want it to.
This kind of support allows you to concentrate on delivering the presentation while the Event Services team takes care of the rest.
How involved should a conferencing provider be in helping me plan my event?
The level of activity at InterCall depends on the actual event itself. But here are a few guidelines we use to make sure your virtual events are delivered beautifully. When you’re planning an event at InterCall, here is what will happen:
- An Event Consultant will immediately engage you to establish all your business and event requirements
- An Event Consultant will schedule and attend a comprehensive hand-off call between, you, the Sales rep and the Event Producer dedicated to your event.
- A dedicated Event Producer will work directly with you for all pre, during and post event details.
- A dedicated Event Producer will be your event point of contact for all your event needs.
- The Event team allows you to concentrate on an unforgettable presentation that you will deliver without worry.
Can you give me 3 “don’ts” for planning a virtual meeting?
- Don’t consider the technology last – While you’re planning your topic, audience, and invitations, you need to also consider the delivery method. Giving yourself, your conferencing provider and your event staff time to research your needs and discuss your options is crucial to a successful event.
- Don’t proceed without an Event team – this is your “ace in the hole”. InterCall’s Event Services teams help plan virtual meetings every day and are the professional. They will listen to all your needs and wants, help prioritize them, and provide a comprehensive solution, creating your ideal event.
- Don’t forget about followup – a critical part of your strategy is knowing what you will do after the event. Whether you are following up with employees on a training you’ve delivered, or prospecting through a list of webinar attendees, or simply archiving the event for later use…all of these things are much more easily addressed if they are identified up-front and coordinated by your Event team during initial planning.